This exclusive private tour of Versailles takes you backstage, to the private apartments of the kings and queens of France. What’s better than seeing the fabulous royal splendor of Versailles? Seeing it from an uncrowded perspective, with the comfort of a VIP access! If you ever wondered what this gorgeous architecture, refined furnishings,and ornate gold-leaf adornments looked like to the most privileged residents… then this is your chance to find out.
This tour is available for parties of 2 or more guests. Duration: 4,5 hours.
- Skip-the-line access to the Palace of Versailles
- Exclusive access to the Kings’ private apartments (closed to regular visitors)
- Comprehensive tour of the highlights of Versailles (in addition to the private apartments): the parade rooms (the Grand Apartment), the Hall of Mirrors, the Royal Chapel or the Royal Opera, the gardens.
- A gourmet stroll through the historic neighborhood of Notre-Dame
- Optional (depending on the day & time of your visit): the Day or Night Fountains Show.
- Optional: hotel pick-up and drop off (transfer by train or private car with a driver). If interested, please leave us a note at the check-out or contact us.
- Optional: we can reserve you a table at La Table du 11, the Michelin star restaurant adjacent to the palace, or one of our other recommended restaurants. If interested, please leave us a note at the check-out or contact us.
In the privacy of the kings
The secret passage from Marie Antoinette’s library. Louis XVI’s scientific lab. The Porcelain room where the king held a little Christmas market of his own… Behind the parade rooms dedicated to their public life, the kings also had a private area, where they could escape from the pompous and rigid ceremonial of Versailles. In these rooms, the royal family had private suppers, played board games, and enjoyed themselves away from the heavy etiquette of the court. These apartments are hidden behind the official ones and stand out as a private mansion within the palace.
Naturally, during this Private tour of Versailles, only the happy few were–and still are–admitted to this private haven. You will be one of them. Most of the furniture, dispersed in the years of the French Revolution, have been brought back or restored, so that the immersion into the royal past will be complete.
This part of the tour also includes either the Royal Chapel or the Royal Opera house, both still used today for concerts and plays.
Back in the game of royal exuberance
We’ll get back to the parade rooms through a secret door and explore the lavish galleries were the kings received ambassadors and entertained the court–more of a duty than an ego trip! The “Apartment of Planets” built for the Sun King and the Hall of Mirros will offer a dazzling contrast to the quietness of the private rooms.
The Private tour of Versailles will be completed with .
The final touch: a gourmet walk
The historic neighborhood of Notre-Dame next to the château is brimming with gastronomic temptations: chocolateries, pastry shops, cheese shops, bakeries, the 300-years-old local market… a variety of places to make your taste buds tingle with sweet and savory delights.